Honeymooning in France? Take a Stroll on These 4 Romantic Foot Bridges in Paris
Is there anything more romantic than a honeymoon in Paris, France? Tourists come from far and wide to this “City of Love,” and they expect it to live up to its romantic reputation. Paris, in fact, has a famous love monument known as Les Mur des Je t’aime, which translates to “I Love You: The Wall in Montmartre, Paris.”
While there’s always the well known spots to hit, some couples avoid popular tourist destinations and check out local artisans and Paris food markets. The Charles Chocolatier, for example, has been a staple in the city since 1910 and has its own unique hot chocolate recipe: 100% cacao powder, pure cacao butter, half-fat milk, and just a little bit of sugar. Such a decadent treat is perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.
Yet no matter where tourists choose to go, they have to find a way to get there. Some destinations may even be close to one of the many foot bridges in Paris. They’re great for travel and viewing the city. If you’re heading to Paris for a honeymoon or vacation, make sure you don’t miss a stroll on one of these romantic foot bridges in Paris:
- Pont des Arts: For years, the Pont des Arts was known as the bridges of “love locks,” as couples would attach padlocks to the railings with their names or initials engraved on them. Unfortunately, the locks damaged the bridge and the city no longer allows them. However, the bridge is right near the Louvre and gives visitors an excellent view of the River Seine.
- The Alexander III Bridge: With its Art Nouveau lamps, gold statues, and ornate railings, the Alexander III Bridge can give couples an opportunity for a beautiful walk during the day or night. Also over the Seine, the bridge is near the Champs Elysées and allows visitors to see some of the city’s most famous landmarks, such as the Eiffel Tower.
- Pont Neuf: The Pont Neuf is the oldest bridge in Paris. It was built between 1578 and 1607. The bridge features several foot stools along its length, which are perfect for catching a view of the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, or other local scenery.
- Pont Mirabeau: This bridge is not only known for its statues but its mention in a famous poem by Guillame Apollinaire. The Pont Mirabeau is considered an historical monument, and it is surrounded by four statues, which represent the City of Paris, Navigation, Commerce, and Abundance.
While there are plenty of luxury apartment rentals in Paris to make you feel like royalty in Versailles, make sure to go out and see the sights, too. A romantic stroll on one of the foot bridges in Paris is a simple and inexpensive way to spend time with the one you love.
search the blog
- Click clack, click clack. You’ll hear these sounds ricochet off the …Read More
- Paris. The city of lights, the city of romance, the city …Read More
- Between the lights symbolizing intellectuals from past generations who got their …Read More
- June 6, 1944 was a day that will be marked in …Read More
- When someone thinks of Paris, the first words that come to …Read More