Palazzetto Grand Canal
From $1,500 per night
A stunning, light filled apartment with direct views onto the Grand Canal, the Salute Church and the Guggenheim. This property boasts expansive room spaces and extraordinary designer details, making it the ultimate romantic and stylish place to stay in Venice. Not many private villas can offer such magical views from every window in the three sublime salons, which give directly onto the Salute, the Guggenheim, and open out to the lagoon; all with amazing light streaming through during the day. Simply breathtaking.
This architectural tour de force was hand crafted by one of Venice’s leading architects in collaboration with one of France’s leading decorators, and takes its inspiration from the work of Carlo Scarpa, with its terrazzo floors, creamy marmorino walls, bronze windows, and incomparable floor to ceiling slab marble bathrooms. Furnished with a curated collection of wonderful 50’s and 60s furniture from iconic Italian designers and architects including Gio’ Ponti, Gardella, Franco Albini, Caccio Dominioni, Angelo Mangiarotti, Ico Parisi, Fontana Arte, Bruno Gambone and Marcello Fantoni.
No. of Guests:
1. Master: King size bed, dressing room, cinematic views of the the Grand Canal and the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, Doors open from both the entrance area and the Master Suite to the small quaint terrace, which also overlooks the Grand Canal.
2. Second: King size four poster iron bed has two twin mattresses (1m x 2m) which can be made up separately if requested – however the bed is not able to be pulled apart. Gorgeous views onto the courtyard of the palazzo and the Grand Canal.
3. Third: Two single beds (90cm x 2m) which can be put together with a mattress topper on request.
All bedrooms are supplied with luxury linens by Frette.
3 Bathrooms/1 Powder Room:
1. Master: Ensuite, entirely decorated with floor to ceiling marble and bronze, and also includes a fully enclosed separate double shower, separate WC (toilet), double marble basin, dressing robes and heated towel racks. The dramatic bathtub has been hewn from an incredible singular slab of marble
2. Second: Ensuite, with floor to ceiling marble, double sized shower, single basin, toilet and heated towel racks.
3. Third: Ensuite, with floor to ceiling marble, double sized shower, single basin & toilet.
4. Powder room: Located off the kitchen and entry foyer, with floor to ceiling marble, toilet & sink.
All bathrooms are supplied with luxury towels by Frette and toiletries by Aesop.
Chef-inspired galley kitchen is well equipped with Gaggenau oven and hob, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, kettle, and all the utensils/cookware/plateware/glassware you could need for an upscale dinner party.
The apartment has a main entrance foyer which opens first onto the intimate Salon Salute with gothic windows beautifully framing the iconic view. Moving effortlessly into the enormous main Salon Academia, with views over towards Dorsoduro and to the right towards Academia, you find a sophisticated yet utterly relaxing and harmonious space. From there to the Salon Peggy, a sublime dining room with views directly onto the Guggenheim, an inspiring view from an amazing space for intimate dining for 8.
There is a fully integrated SONOS music system which can be run from an iPhone, and is connected to high quality speakers located in all the bedrooms, the three salons and the kitchen area. The system allows for different music to be played in different rooms and is controlled via the SONOS system. The app for SONOS can be downloaded from both Android and iOS app stores. You can play your own music or stream digital radio stations.
The villa is situated on the Calle Dose da Ponte and the Grand Canal. There are only 3 apartments in the building so it is very private. There is a private jetty for the Calle which is just outside the villa, so the water taxi stops there and then its about 10 meters to the door to the villa.As per the historic nature of Venice, most residential buildings do not have elevators. This is true for this villa. There are two levels of stairs before you enter the villa. If you need assistance with luggage, we can arrange a proffer service to meet you at your water taxi.
Points of Interest:
9 minute walk to St Mark's Square
10 minute walk to Peggy Guggenheim Collection
11 minute walk to Doge's Palace
11 minute walk to Saint Mark's Basilica
7 minute walk to Gallerie dell'Accademia
10 minute walk to Giardini Reali
17.2 km to Venice Aiport (VCE)
5.3 km to Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia
There is a landing stage (pontile) for arrival by private water taxi right next to the villa. This service is available upon request for an additional fee.
There is no elevator. Ensuite laundry (washing machine and separate dryer) located in the villa. Air Conditioning in the bedrooms only. Strictly no-smoking. Sorry no pets. Please note this property is for private groups only and is not suitable for parties or events.
From $1,500 per night
*3 night minimum stay*
Services Available for Additional Fee:
Private Water Taxi